Head of Department
Katarzyna Czaja, Ph.D.
- National Reference Laboratory – pesticide residues in food
- Analysis of pesticide residues, polychlorinated biphenyls, brominated compounds, phthalates and other substances that can enter food chain in food and human specimens
- Quality assurance in analytical laboratory (validation, proficiency testing etc.)
- Establishing of Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs) for plant protection products in registration process
- Consumer risk assessment for pesticide residues in food
- Organizing of proficiency testing for pesticide residues analysis in food products, according to Guide ISO/IEC 43
- Evaluation of documentation for plant protection products for consumer risk assessment purposes
- Development of official control and monitoring programme for pesticide residues in food products, including co-ordinated EU monitoring
- Development of final reports from official control and monitoring of pesticide residues in food products for European Commission
- Development of scientific basis for legislation concerning pesticide residues in food, verification of Polish translations of EU legislation, concerning pesticide residues in food
- Activity in expert committees and working groups of European Commission and Council related to Maximum Residue Levels and Persistent Organic Pollutants in food.