Head of Department
- Assessment of the efficacy of chemical insecticides and studies on the applicability of biologically active compounds and pathogens of household pests to reduce their number,
- Studies on the possibility of transmission of pathogenic bacteria by German cockroaches;
Studies on use of hormone-like compounds and inhibitors of chitin biosynthesis for the control of cockroaches, domestic flies and Pharaoh ants,
- In order to improve insect control procedures in the country, the sensitivity of populations of German cockroaches to most commonly used insecticides (pyrethroids, carbamate and organophosphorus insecticides) has been studied,
- Elaboration and initiation of the integrated pest management,
- Testing and giving the opinions on insecticides intended to control pest in public health,
- The laboratory maintains the culture of insects: domestic flies, German and Oriental cockroaches and Pharaoh ants.