Head of Department
Dr hab. n. med. Rafał Gierczyński, prof. nadzw. NIZP-PZH
Building A-B / ground and the 1st floor
Contact: Renata Mrozowska
Phone: 0-22 5421238, 0-22 5421240, Fax 0-22 5421307
The Department of Bacteriology range of operation is:
- examining of biological properties of bacteria important in human pathology,
- studies on the machanism of bacterial resistant to antibiotics and chemioterapeutics,
- monitoring of the drug resistance of important bacteria for pathology of the man,
- improving methods of identifying, diversifying and detecting virulence mechanisms of bacteria on the basis of new methods of molecular bacteriology and assessment of their distribution in the environment,
- control and estimations of preparation for bacteriology and serology diagnosis of bacterial infections,
- carrying out referential and appeal examinations for laboratories of National Sanitary Inspection and other medical microbiology laboratories,
- trainings and consultations for workers of of National Sanitary Instection and workers of medical microbiology laboratories.
- European diphtheria surveillance network
- ECDC – The European center for disease prevention and control.