Head of Department
prof.dr hab.med Kazimierz Madaliński
- Studies on immune response in chronic hepatitis and extrahepatic effects of infection with hepatitis C;
- Optimisation of sensitivity and specificity of diagnostic methods for hepatitis B and C.
- Histopathological and immunohistochemical studies on elements of liver tissue / cells damage in course of infection with HBV (D) and HCV hepatotropic viruses
- Determination of inflammatory infiltrate in response to pathogens.
- Liver biopsy evaluation;
- Determination of autoantibodies: antinuclear, anti-smooth muscle, anti-mitochondrial, and anti- liver and kidney microsomal antibodies;
- Examination of ultrathin sections in the electron microscope.
- Determination of anti-HAV (total and IgM), anti-delta agent (total and IgM) and anti-HCV antibodies;
- Determination of HBV serological markers and quantitation of anti-HBs antibodies. Confirmatory anti-HCV RIBA-3 test.
- Molecular biology: qualitative and quantitative determination of HBV DNA and HCV RNA.