Until 1939, 2455 doctors and 6,000 people of auxiliary staff were trained in the Public School of Hygiene for the needs of public healthcare. Annually about 15 courses were organized on a wide variety of topics, such as: medical microbiology, public hygiene, mental hygiene, etc. The most important were 9-month courses for district doctors and candidates for state positions.
A great achievement in the development of the educational activities of the National Institute of Hygiene was the establishment in 1925 of the Museum of Hygiene, where practical training of the students of the School took place. The museum was distinguished by exposures concerning infectious diseases, rural hygiene, sanitary engineering and food hygiene.
A wide publishing activity was also conducted. From 1920 a scientific journal was published: “Epidemiological Review”, transformed in 1923 into “Experimental and Social Medicine”, and “Archive of Chemistry and Pharmacy”, popular-scientific “Library of Mental Hygiene” and in 1926-1937 “Epidemiological Chronicle” “. In addition to continuous publications, monographs on current epidemiological and sanitary issues have been published, such as: “Dabs, its course and fighting”, “About collecting materials for research”, “Biological products”, “Epidemiology of sputum pumena” or “Main research methodology” bacteriological used in PZH “. Knowledge in the field of medical sciences and related sciences, made available to the employees of the Institute its own Library.